****** WebCommander is now open source! To get the download or source code, go to the WebCommader project page. ******
New features of 4.0 (Available here: WebCommader project page.)
- Filter commands via categories
- Allow static commands without parameters
- Allow using the output of former commands as the input of latter commands in workflow
- View source code directly
- Allow using Windows Authentication to authenticate users
- Allow using HTTPS
- More commands (include one to install webcommander)
- UI enhancements
- Provide setup.ps1 to install, config and upgrade webcommander (could not install PowerCLI for external users)
For more detailed information, also see WebCommander goes Open Source!
Have you ever wanted to give your users access to certain virtual infrastructure tasks instead of the entire vCenter Client?
WebCommander is a way to do this! WebCommander was designed as a framework to wrap your PowerShell and PowerCLI scripts into an easy-to-access web service. Now you can hand off the tasks your users need by simply adding a new script and giving them access to WebCommander.
- Windows 2008 or 2012
- Powershell v3 or v4
- vSphere PowerCLI
- IIS 8
- PHP 5
What's new in 3.0
- New UI style
- Enchanced workflow UI controls
- Embedded workflow (by running a workflow as a command)
- A bunch of new and enhanced commands