VMware Zimbra for Android (VZA)
This Fling has been released as a product and is no longer available on the Flings page. You can purchase the app at the Google Play Store.Archived text:
VMware Zimbra for Android (VZA) is a native Android collaboration application that allows you to access your email, calendar, contacts, tasks and files from any Android device, specifically smartphones and tablets. VZA supports any Microsoft ActiveSync compliant email server and also supports the VMware Zimbra Collaboration Suite (ZCS). With ZCS as the backend, VZA offers several additional ZCS-only features such as Briefcase, Saved Searches, etc. that are not available in any of the Android email applications in the market today.
VZA was tested with Microsoft Exchange 2003, 2007 and 2010 and Zimbra Collaboration Suite 6.x and 7.x. It supports Android 2.x and 3.x.
Check out the video to get an overview of some of the features but more than anything else, download and give it a spin. We welcome your feedback.
VZA will work with Android 2.1 and above.
- VZA requires an ActiveSync enabled email client to be present on your Android device.
- Since VZA is distributed as a fling and available outside the Android Marketplace, you will need to enable your device to install applications from “unknown sources.” This option is typically accessible from Settings->Applications on your Android device.
- S/MIME support
- Certificate-based authentication
- Stock Contacts & Calendar integration
- SDCard Installation support