vSphere Mobile Client enables administrators to monitor and manage vSphere infrastructure directly from any mobile device. Whether you want to check on the current or historical resource consumption; you want to get notifications on long running tasks; or you want to check the currently running tasks - the vSphere Mobile Client is there to help.Features
- VM overview: Review the status of your VMs including state (powered on/off), resource usage and configuration information
- VM management: Change the power state of a VM or restart it. Locating the virtual machine to operate on can be done through search.
- Task monitoring: Subscribe to any running task and receive a notification on your mobile device upon task completion, even when your device is in-active or you have another application running on the foreground.
- Performance charts: Monitor the resource usage of a VM in real time or a day, week, month or year back. Counters include CPU, Memory, Storage and Network.
NOTE: vSphere Mobile Client is currently available for Android devices and vCenter 6.0+ deployments. Check the “Requirements” tab for more details. Access to vSphere infrastructure may require a secure access method such as VPN on a mobile device.
This is a technical preview release and as such it only has a limited subset of the intended functionality. The team would be releasing updates with new features regularly, but our main task is to gather feedback so please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
- Mobile Device using Android version 4.4 (KitKat) or newer
- iOS, Windows Phone and other mobile OS not supported
- For Notification Appliance - 2 vCPU, 4 GB RAM, 14 GB storage
- An existing VC (version 6.0 or newer) installation (VCSA or Windows).
- Application is tested on the vCenter VCSA 6.5 GA release.
vSphere Mobile Client for Android devices(for device compatibility please check the Requirements tab)
The vSphere Mobile Client is currently a closed alpha release. In order to install the application, you need to:
Make sure you use the Google account that is going to be used when installing the application for both steps.
When joining the test program, you will be provided with additional information on how to install the application on your device.
vSphere Mobile Client for iOS devices
The iOS version of the vSphere Client is coming soon.
vSphere Mobile Notification Service(for requirements please check the Requirements tab)
The vSphere Mobile Client Notification Service is used to enable push notifications to your mobile devices.
It is deployed as a Docker container (or, optionally, as a self-contained Spring Boot application).
You can find instructions on how to deploy the Notification Service here.