VMware Workspace ONE Provisioning Tool
The VMware Workspace ONE Provisioning Tool helps you test and validate your applications (exported as a .ppkg file) and the special-purpose unattend.xml configuration file as part of the Dell Provisioning for Workspace ONE offer. This tool simplifies the testing and validation of this process in your own environment before these files are sent and applied in the Dell factory.
- Simple UI to easily enable the IT admin to validate their ppkg and unattend.xml files in their own environment, mimicking what Dell is doing in the factory.
- Supports PPKGs and unattend.xmls generated with Workspace ONE UEM Console 1811 or newer.
- Highly flexible. Allows IT admins to specify the configurations for tool in a text based config file in order to change things like tool timeout and report location, to name a few.
- Generates a detailed final summary report with client details and app installation results. This file is saved in C:\ProgramData\Airwatch\UnifiedAgent\Logs\PPKGFinalSummary.log after the "Full Process" button is clicked.
- Halts the process if any steps fails for the given operation, giving the ability to IT admins to view & debug the state of the machine and the apps.
- Apply Apps Only - Given a ppkg, this tool deploys the applications on a test windows machine
- Apply Full process - Given a ppkg and xml file, this tool deploys the applications on a test windows machine followed by Workspace ONE enrollment and Sysprep.
- WIndows 10 x64 Version 1709 and newer
- Workspace ONE Console 1811 and newer
- Recommended you run this process while the VM is "offline" so that you can ensure all apps are installed correctly in an offline state. Connect the VM to the network once the system reaches OOBE.
- Download Windows 10 Pro x64 from MSDN or MS volume license site
- Install on a fresh Virtual Machine
- Once the system gets to the out of box screen (OOBE), hit CTRL-SHIFT-F3 to enter "Audit Mode".
- Once at the desktop, drag and drop the PPKG, XML, and this tool to the desktop. (You might need to install VMware Tools if using VMware Workstation to enable drag and drop. Restarting the machine will automatically boot it back into Audit mode.)
- Run the tool and select your PPKG and XML
- Click the appropriate button depending on your test case:
- "Apply Apps Only" to only install apps
- "Apply Full Process" to initiate the end to end process.
- Select "Restart" or "Shutdown" for the system behavior after applying Sysprep