View Pool Manager is a Fling that allows VMware View administrators to easily manage users across desktop pools and security groups.
One of the biggest challenges VMware View administrators face in large deployments is desktop pool maintenance. Commonly each desktop pool has Active Directory security groups with the number of users a given desktop pool will support. As employees leave/join the organization, security groups require maintenance to ensure the number of users in each group correctly match the amount of desktops available. VMware View Pool Manager allows VMware View administrators to easily manage users across desktop pools and security groups for large deployments.
This tool allow administrators to bind an Active Directory connection and specify:
- How many users there should exist per group (based on VMware View pool size)
- Floating or Persistent deployment
- Source Security Groups (all users to be distributed to pools)
- Destination Security Groups (All groups the users may be assigned to)
This tool help VMware View administrators to save hours of work adding, removing and maintaining users, desktop pools and security groups while ensuring each security group does not hold more users than the amount of desktops pool assigned to a given VMware View desktop pool.
Additional Information: New Fling: View Pool Manager
The View Pool Manager requires .NET Framework 4.0. The .NET 3.5 SP1 installation might require Internet connectivity to download more files. Verify that you are a member of the Administrators group on on the domain.
Download the VMware View Pool Manager zip file, extract it and double-click the ViewPoolManager.exe file.
- Floating deployment does not take in consideration if user has a persistent desktop.
- Persistent deployment ensures users are kept within the same security group and desktop pool they have previously been assigned to.
Andre LeiboviciOffice of the CTO