- Task Manager
- List processes running in the Guest
- Start new programs in the Guest
- End running processes in the Guest
- Mass Deployment
- Copy programs or scripts to multiple guests and execute them
- Useful for things such as antivirus installation, agent deployment, test deployment etc.
- a single VM, or
- all the VMs on a host, or
- all the VMs on all connected hosts
- File Explorer
- Provides an interface to access and manage the Guest file system
- Copies files from host to guest and vice-versa
- Copies files between guests running on any machine
- Also supports other basic file system operations like delete, rename, etc.
- Snapshot Manager
- Displays a comprehensive TREE and LIST view of snapshots on all VMs on all connected hosts
- Supports snapshot operations like Create, Delete and Revert with a single user action
- on a single VM
- or all the VMs on a host
- or on all the VMs on all connected hosts
- VM Manager
- Displays vital statistics of GuestOS like OS type/version, IP address, tools build number, guest uptime, logged-in user, etc.
- Displays vital statistics of VM like power state, CPU count, memory, hardware version, storage path, etc.
- Dynamic teaming allows mass power operations, deployment and snapshot operations on VMs from different hosts/products
- All the information displayed in the VM Manager, Snapshot Manager and Task Manager can be saved for inventory purposes.
VGC can be installed on 32-bit Windows machines with operating systems Windows XP, Windows 2003, and Windows Vista with .NET framework 2.0 or later
VGC can connect to the following:
- Licensed ESX/ESXi versions 3.5 U2 or later
- vCenter versions 4.0 or later
- Server 2.0
- Workstation 6.5.2 or later
VMware tools must be running in the VMs/GuestOS for Task Manager, Mass Deployment and File Explorer.
Download the zip file. Unzip, run the installer, and follow the on-screen instructions.
Updates in VGC version 1.1.0
- Performance and Scalability
- VM retrieval is enhanced to discover VMs in much less time.
- VGC can manage up to 315 Powered On VMs on all connected servers. Number of VMs retrieved from a server will be limited once this limit is reached.
- Support for 64-bit Windows has been added.
- The Remote Console feature has been extended to work with VMs hosted on vCenter.
- Workspace files created with this version of VGC will be encrypted. However, workspace files created using earlier versions are not compatible with this release.
- VM templates are differentiated from regular VMs.
- Workspace files can now be loaded in VGC by double clicking the .vgc files.
Updates in VGC-R1.0.1:
- Fixes problem where VGC was not able to retrieve VMs from vCenter folders.
- vmrc to open the console of any VM.
- Putty to get access to the command window of an ESX server or a Linux VM.
- RDP to get access to the console of VC server.