PowerShell is a scripting language Microsoft developed to help administrators manage the Windows environment. Third parties can write their own snap-ins (dynamic linked libraries) to implement new commands, which are called
cmdlets. With VDSPowerCli, users can use the
cmdlets provided by PowerCLI to manage vSphere Distributed Switch(VDS).
FeaturesVDSPowerCli gives you the ability to manage:
- VMware vSphere Distributed Switch
- Distributed Port Group
- Distributed Port
Must have already installed the following:
- Windows platform required (support XP, Windows Server 2003 & 2008, Windows Vista and Windows 7).
- VMware PowerCli 4.1.1 or later preinstalled.
Install the following:
- Download the .zip file and extract it
- Run setup.exe
- If any kind of warning come up saying 'you haven't set the execution policy to remote signed', please run PowerShell and in its console run 'Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned' and confirm it.
- After installation, open PowerCli console and run "Add-PSSnapin VMware.VimAutomation.VdsComponent", then VDS cmdlets are available.
This recent change makes the objects returned by all the get- commands enumerable, which is required by pipeline process with command Select-Object.