This Fling includes the following features:
- Use of metadata feature to enhance the UI with custom attributes on templates and vApps
- Supports local storage in HTML5 to support offline mode
- Notifications system to support long running operations
- Separation of form and content of the backend processes from UI updates
- Easy install script
SilverLining requires a running instance of vCloud Director 5.1 to be able to run against its API. Access to SilverLining is through a standard browser that supports HTML5 and CSS3.
1. Download SilverLining's tar.gz file. This includes the SilverLining web application, the JavasScript SDK, README.md and the install script. The README.md file explains this installation process in more detail.
2. Copy the tar.gz file to a safe directory on the machine running vCloud Director.
3. Open the tar.gz file using 'tar -zxvf silverlining*.tar.gz'
4. Go to the resulting silverlining*/ directory and find the install script.
5. Run the installer using ./install
6. Restart vCD.
7. Open your browser and navigate to http://[your_cell_hostname_and_port]/cloud/silverlining/index.html
Installing on VMware vCloud Director Evaluation
If you intend to install SilverLining on a VMware vCloud Director Evaluation virtual appliance, you will need to install the zip command first using the following commands:
zypper ar http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.2/repo/oss/ oss zypper in zip
Alister Lewis-BowenCloud Management
Louis WeitzmanCloud Management
Jeff MoroskiCloud Management