VMware PowerCLI is one of the most successful command line tools for managing your VMware products. With the many existing cmdlets designed for the system administrator or vSphere Admin, PowerCLI is the easiest and most powerful tool for managing your environment.
In the recent release of vSphere 5.5, the following new features were announced:
- vSphere Flash Read Cache
- VMware Virtual SAN
This fling adds a PowerShell module with PowerCLI cmdlets for managing vSphere Flash Read Cache and VMware Virtual SAN.
For more information see: PowerCLI is the best tool for automating management and configuration of VMware vSphere
You need the following installed:
- Microsoft PowerShell v2 or higher
- vSphere PowerCLI v5.5 R1 (core application)
- Install PowerCLI 5.5 R1 from here.
- Download the PowerCLI Extensions module from the download button on the left.
- To install the PowerShell module - extract the downloaded ZIP file to your modules directory, for example (C:\Users\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Modules). For additional information on how to install a PowerShell module, see here.
- Verify that in the above folder there is a sub-folder called
VMware.VimAutomation.Extensions. The full path is:
Andrey AnastasovStaff Engineer PowerCLI Dev
Atanas AtanasovMTS PowerCLI Dev