|Note: The functionality of this Fling has been integrated into a release of PowerCLI and due to this, this Fling has been retired. This means that this Fling will not be updated in the future and comments will not be responded to. However, you can still download this Fling if you are using earlier versions of PowerCLI. Whenever possible, use the latest supported version of PowerCLI, which can be downloaded here.|
VMware PowerCLI is one of the most successful command line tools for managing your VMware products. With the many existing cmdlets designed for the system administrator or vSphere Admin, PowerCLI is the easiest and most powerful tool for managing your environment.
PowerCLI Extensions gives PowerCLI users access to early access functionality by extending the core PowerCLI cmdlets to include new experimental features and gives PowerCLI customers the ability to provide early feedback.
The following is a list of prerequisites needed for using PowerCLI Extensions, please ensure you meet these requirements as other versions may not have been tested and cannot be guaranteed to work.
• VMware vSphere PowerCLI 6.0 R1 or higher
• PowerShell V2 or higher
Please follow the below steps to ensure the PowerCLI Extensions is installed correctly in your environment:
1. Install PowerCLI (Latest release recommended)
2. Download the PowerCLI Extensions module from the download button on the left.
3. Right Click the zip file and go to properties, if you have an Unblock button at the bottom press it to unblock the file to prevent a Security Warning when importing the module.
4. To install the PowerShell module - extract the downloaded ZIP file to your modules directory, for example (C:\Users\MyUser\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Modules). For additional information on how to install a PowerShell module, see: Installing Modules
5. Verify that in the above folder there is a sub-folder called VMware.VimAutomation.Extensions. The full path is: C:\Users\MyUser\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\VMware.VimAutomation.Extensions
Andrey AnastasovStaff Engineer PowerCLI Dev
Atanas AtanasovMTS PowerCLI Dev
Dimitar MilovMTS PowerCLI Dev