Physical Desktop as a Thin Client
A thin client is a stateless, fanless desktop terminal that has no hard drive. Thin clients provide businesses a cost-effective way to access virtual desktop infrastructures (VDI). To simplify the operation steps to access VDI, some features are embedded in thin clients.
- Launch the RDP client default
- Hide desktop/task bar
- Disable system options to prevent user using other applications
- And so on
This Fling will convert physical desktop as a thin client. It will restrict end-users’ behaviors when users log into physical desktops. After user logged in, Horizon view client will be launched automatically and other applications are forbidden to switch. Physical desktop will log off automatically once user exit Horizon view clients.
- This program should be run in the active directory(AD) server with administrator permissions.
- Group policy management console(GPMC) should be installed on the AD server, it is installed by default when installing AD server. Thin Client effect
- Make sure that all domain machines can access the sharing folder \\\\SYSVOL, and domain users have permissions to read it. The sharing folder is created by default when installing AD server.
- .NET 4.5 framework should be installed on the AD server.