Migrate to View (MTV) enables seamless migration of vSphere virtual machines (non-VDI) into View Connection Broker, maintaining the user persistence onto the virtual machines. By moving to View, more features can be integrated and leveraged. Additionally, administrative tasks can better maintain virtual machines and control user policy.
- Prepare the list of vSphere VMs and Users that has to be migrated to the View in the form of csv (Comma Separated Value) file format.
- Install the View Connection Broker 4.6 version on windows Server 2003 SP2. Powershell 2.0 with WinRM (Windows Remote Management, which is available on Window Powershell Version 2.0 ) must be installed on the same system.
- To load the cmdlets of Connection Broker version is 4.6, add the snapin to the powershell. Please refer VMware KB for more info: - http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1034692
- Traverse to C:\\ VMware\VMware View\Server\extras\PowerShell
- Right Click on ‘add-snapin.ps1’ and select: - Run with PowerShell
- Install MySQL 5.2.32 on the Connection Broker system. Run following commands in MySQLWorkbench.
mysql> create database serveraddition;
mysql> grant all on serveraddition.* to grails@localhost identified by 'server';
- Copy the ‘mtv-0.1.war’ file to the host where the Broker is installed (Any folder)
- Install Tomcat Web Manager 6.0 on the Connection Broker host
- Install MTV on the Connection Broker host. Steps to deploying of war file on Tomcat link is mentioned in the URL:- http://www.manydesigns.com/en/portofino/portofino3/3_1_x/installation-guide/deploying-on-tomcat
- Another approach to deploy the MTV:
- Under the Tomcat folder on the Server, place the ‘mtv-0.1.war ‘ under the ‘webapps’ folder.
- Open IE 7 browser and provide the http://localhost:8080/mtv/root/login. This will extract the war file under the webapps folder and MTV ready to use.
- Register the vCenter Server’s IP address in the Migration to View.
- Provide the CSV file which contains the VMs and User to be migrating to View. The entire flow of the UI is attached.
- The database tables have to be deleted after migration to rerun the tool for the other set of vSphere VMs.
Punit AshraCPD-View PatchQE Team
Saugata GhoshCPD-View PatchQE Team
Abhijith SathyanarayanaCPD-View PatchQE Team