Makyo lets you copy virtual machines and vApps from one vCenter Server to another using a wizard in the vSphere Web Client. The said copy operation from one vCenter Server to another is done by starting an OVF export operation on the source server and an import OVF operation on the target server. No intermediate files are created when you copy a virtual machine or a vApp. The fling is installed as a plugin to the vSphere Web Client.
VMware vSphere Web Client 5.1 must be installed.
The Client Integration Plug-in is required, but the Makyo wizard will prompt for it, if it has not yet been installed.
- Locate the vSphere Web Client installation folder.
- Windows: C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\vSphereWebClient
- Linux: /usr/lib/vmware-vsphere-client/
- Copy the makyo-plugin folder into the folder plugin-packages.
- Start/restart the VMware vSphere Web Client service.
- Windows: net stop/start vspherewebclientsvc
- Linux: service vsphere-client restart
- Verify that "Makyo plugin" shows up when you navigate to "Administration"-> "Solutions" tab on the left -> "Plugin Management".
Action menu on virtual machines and vApps contain a new item called "Makyo plugin Actions." If you open this submenu, you will see an action called "Copy to another vCenter Server…"