VMware I/O Analyzer is an integrated framework designed to measure storage performance in a virtual environment and to help diagnose storage performance concerns. I/O Analyzer, supplied as an easy-to-deploy virtual appliance, automates storage performance analysis through a unified interface that can be used to configure and deploy storage tests and view graphical results for those tests.
I/O Analyzer can use Iometer to generate synthetic I/O loads or a trace replay tool to deploy real application workloads. It uses the VMware VI SDK to remotely collect storage performance statistics from VMware ESX/ESXi hosts. Standardizing load generation and statistics collection allows users and VMware engineers to have a high level of confidence in the data collected.
Please post comments and questions regarding this fling to the I/O Analyzer Community.
- Integrated framework for storage performance testing
- Readily deployable virtual appliance
- Easy configuration and launch of storage I/O tests on one or more hosts
- Integrated performance results at both guest and host levels
- Storage I/O trace replay as an additional workload generator
- Ability to upload storage I/O traces for automatic extraction of vital metrics
- Graphical visualization of workload metrics and performance results
New in version 1.5.1
- Minor backend updates
- Additional documentation (VMware I/O Analyzer Installation and User’s Guide)
I/O Analyzer has the following minimum system requirements:
- VMware ESX/ESXi version 4.0 or later
- 12.5 GB of storage space (additional space recommended)
- 1 vCPU and 2048 MB VM memory
- A supported Internet browser (Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox)
Complete installation and usage instructions are included in the VMware I/O Analyzer Installation and User’s Guide.
Jinpyo KimVMware Performance
Chien-Chia ChenVMware Performance
Sankaran SivathanuVMware Performance