Horizon Migration Tool
Horizon Migration Tool helps you migrate from Citrix XenDesktop and Xen App to Horizon 7.
This tool supports following scenarios:
- Migration from XenDesktop 7.6 and above to Horizon 7.2
- Migration from XenApp 7.6 and above/6.0/6.5/5.0 to Horizon 7.2
The GUI wizard-based tool helps:
- Locate different pool based on Citrix pool type
- Manage desktop agents
- Create pools according to different provision technologies (manual, linked clone, instant clone)
- Validate the View agent status on RDS hosts (from View connection server, and XenApp server)
- Create farms
- Validate application availability on RDS hosts
- Migrate application/desktop to one or multiple farms (new or existing)
- Migrate entitlements to new or existing applications/desktops. Combination of application entitlements are supported
- Check environment
- Identify incompatible features and configuration
- XenDesktop 7.6 or above
- XenApp 7.6 or above, 6.5, 6.0, or 5.0
- Horizon 7.2
- Horizon Cloud 16.11.0 or 17.1.0
The following software are required:
- vSphere 6.0 Update 1 or later is required for Horizon instant clone
- .NET Framework 2.0(for Windows 2008)
- .NET Framework 3.5(for Windows 2012)
- JRE8 or above
- Powershell (Required by migration of XenDesktop 7.6 or above, XenApp7.6 or above/6.5/6.0. By default already installed on system with XenDesktop 7.6 or above, XenApp7.6 or above/6.5/6.0)
- Copy this Horizon Migration Tool to one Citrix Delivery Controller
- Run the tool by launching the HorizonMigrationTool.exe
- Follow the wizard
For more details, refer to the demo video on the Video tab, or user guide document.
- Fixed issue: add missed XenAppDumper.exe for XenApp 5.0
- Supports Citirx to Horizon 7.2 migration
- Added Citrix PVS Desktop pool migration to Horizon 7.2
- Added Citrix Dedicate MCS Desktop Pool migraiton to Horizon 7.2 as manual pool, linked-clone pool or instant clone pool
- Fixed Bug: XenApp applications with customerized path includes spaces will migrate properly.
- Add migration from XenApp 7.6 and above to Horizon 7 and Horizon 7.1
- Add migration from XenDesktop 7.6 and above to Horizon 7 and Horizon 7.1
- Add migration from XenDesktop 7.6 and above to Horizon Cloud 16.1 1.0and 17.1.0
Desktop pool type supported:
- Manual pool
- Random machine creation service pool
- Manual pool
- Automated linked clone pool
- Automated instant clone pool
- Spaces in the path of the migration tool are now possible.
- Removed the inaccurate previous warning message.
- Fixed the bug that occurred when a report was generated.
- Changed all Horizon 6 to Horizon 6.2.2 and 7 in the document
- Changed all related date to current date in the document
- Changed all jre7 or above to jre8 and above in the document .
- Updated the tool version from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2
- Generate a summary report after migration. The report will be located in ./x2v_log/Summary.html
Updated to 1.2.0
Now supports Horizon 6.2.2 and Horizon 7