In cloud environments, where a lot of VMware Platform Services Controllers (PSC), vCenter Servers and Solutions are used, it can be tough to see how everything is connected. When we try to upgrade such an infrastructure, it can be even more difficult, as compatibility issues can arise when the infrastructure upgrade is in progress with different components having different versions.
This Fling scans all PSCs connected to a single PSC. It will detect the versions of all the vCenter Servers connected to PSCs and all the Solutions connected to vCenter Servers. It will then depict the connectivity in pictorial form.
When you choose the Upgrade View in the Fling, it will show which Solutions are compatible with vCenter Server 6.5. This can help the administrator plan the upgrade in advance.
This Fling is for the VC upgrade, and can only detect VC solutions. The SDDC Discovery Tool is used to focus on the SDDC product suite level while this Fling is more for the VC upgrade.
This Fling can't detect the Solutions listed below:
- Log Insight Manager
- vRealize Automation
- Exisitng infrastructure version - vSphere 5.5 & vSphere 6.0
- Target vSphere version - vSphere 6.5
Needs network connectivity between the launch host and PSCs and vCenter Servers. This is a stand-alone installer, and works well with the operating systems below:
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 2K8R2
- Windows 2K12
- Download the .zip
- Unzip the file and store it locally
- Run the EXE and install the application
- Launch the application by double clicking on the shortcut created on desktop
- Enter the PSC details, Username and password. Use LDAP port number as 11712 if SSO is 5.5.x ---> It detects all the PSCs, vCenter Servers and Solutions with their version numbers
- Click on "Upgrade View" button on the right top corner of the application to see the upgrade compatibility.
- : Contains fix related to SSO custom domain for PSC 6.0