Blockchain on Kubernetes
Blockchain is an emerging technology which has been gaining traction globally throughout the past few years. Industries like finance, logistics, and IoT are actively working on research and pilot projects using blockchain.
Fabric is a sub project under Hyperledger (a LinuxFoundation project), it is probably the most mature blockchain solution available now for business use cases.
The mission of Blockchain on Kubernetes (formerly named Blockchain on vSphere) is to provide an end-to-end blockchain solution, from IaaS, to Blockchain platform and Blockchain applications. It allows organizations to quickly collaborate and evaluate the new business models and processes by using the decentralized blockchain technology.
By using BoK, blockchain developers can quickly set up an environment to build and test their blockchain applications.
- Kubernetes 1.6.5+
- A Linux VM like Ubuntu 16.04 with Docker 1.11+ and Python 3
- vCenter 6.0+ (Optional)
For full details, read the Installation Guide PDF in the download drop-down list.
Jan 15 2018, BoK 1.1
- Designed to run on PKS(Pivotal Container Services), and validated in PKS Beta
- Integrate Blockchain Explorer into BoV which makes it easier to view/monitor peers, transactions, etc
- Enhance BoK to support saving blocks and channel data to persistent volume
- Optimize the installation process
- Provide a default channel for blockchain applications
- Update Fabric to 1.0.5