Blockchain on Kubernetes
Blockchain is an emerging technology which has been gaining traction globally throughout the past few years. Industries like finance, logistics, and IoT are actively working on research and pilot projects using blockchain.
Fabric is a sub project under Hyperledger (a LinuxFoundation project), it is probably the most mature blockchain solution available now for business use cases.
The mission of Blockchain on Kubernetes (formerly named Blockchain on vSphere) is to provide an end-to-end blockchain solution, from IaaS, to Blockchain platform and Blockchain applications. It allows organizations to quickly collaborate and evaluate the new business models and processes by using the decentralized blockchain technology.
By using BoK, blockchain developers can use BoK command line tool or a GUI tool provided by BoK PCF Tile to quickly set up an environment to build and test their blockchain applications.
- Kubernetes 1.6.5+
- A Linux VM like Ubuntu 16.04 with Docker 1.11+ and Python 3
- vCenter 6.0+ (Optional)
To use BoK CLI to deploy Hyperledger Fabric, download easybaas-2.0.tar.gz and read "BoK User Guide.pdf" from the download drop-down list.
To use BoK PCF Tile to deploy Hyperledger Fabric, download the tile file andes-0.3.0.pivotal and read the "BoK PCF Tile User Guide.pdf" from the download drop-down list.
May 3 2018, BoK 2.0
- Provide a new PCF Ops Manager Tile to deploy Hyperledger Fabric. It supports creating Kubernetes cluster via PKS Tile and deploy Hyperledger Fabric in the Kubernetes cluster.
- Add a central config file bok.yml to specify all BoK configuration. No more manual code change is needed.
- Support kafka as consensus mode.
- Other enhancement for stability.
- Verified against Kubernetes 1.9.7.
Jan 15 2018, BoK 1.1
- Designed to run on PKS(Pivotal Container Services), and validated in PKS Beta
- Integrate Blockchain Explorer into BoV which makes it easier to view/monitor peers, transactions, etc
- Enhance BoK to support saving blocks and channel data to persistent volume
- Optimize the installation process
- Provide a default channel for blockchain applications