These fellowships are awarded to outstanding students pursuing research related to VMware’s business interests. A small number of academic departments are invited to nominate up to two of their Ph.D. candidates for consideration, and a total of two or three awards will be granted. The fellowship includes a cash award to cover tuition and stipend for 12 months.
In addition to core machine virtualization and its applications, we are broadly interested in work related to cloud computing, including massive scale compute, storage, network, management, analytics, and application platforms.
- The VMware Graduate Fellowship includes a cash award to cover tuition and stipend for 12 months, not to exceed $100k.
- Two or three awards will be given each year.
- Recipients are given preference in intern and full-time hiring.
- All areas broadly related to VMware’s business interests will be considered.
- At the time of application, applicants must be currently enrolled, full-time Ph.D. students.
- Applicants must be nominated by their academic department (limit of two nominations per department).
- Nominations are only accepted from academic departments invited to participate in this program.
- An agent of the applicant’s department (e.g., the graduate coordinator; not the applicant) must provide the following supporting material to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicant’s research statement (in PDF, maximum of two single-spaced pages) describing the applicant’s research agenda and its relevance to VMware.
- Applicant’s CV.
- Three letters of support from faculty, one of whom must be the applicant’s advisor.
- All questions should be sent to email@example.com
- Recipients must be enrolled for the full 12 months of the award, and the award cannot be transferred.
- VMware is to be notified immediately if the recipient is unable to accept the award or leaves the Ph.D. program.
- The award cannot be used to augment other awards.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.