VMware Boomerang is a radically simple client application that allows you to use multiple vSphere servers simultaneously. Simply select “Add a Server…” to connect and login to an ESX server, vCenter server, or View Connection Server and you will be presented with a list of all available virtual machines.
For vSphere VMs, you are able to perform power operations on the virtual machine or connect to it using the VMware Remote Console (VMRC), which is provided with vSphere Client. You can also easily add virtual machines as favorites so you can quickly view the subset of virtual machines that you are interested in.
For View desktops, you are able to choose between the RDP or PCoIP protocol and launch a remote desktop. Once you have launched a desktop, you will have a fully functional remote desktop experience that matches the existing Windows View Client.
- Supports connecting to multiple ESX and VC servers simultaneously.
- Supports connecting to multiple View Connection Servers simultaneously.
- Graphical installer lets you disable support for vSphere or View if you have no use for it.
- Connect to View desktops using PCoIP or RDP.
- Automatic redirection of client printers to View desktops with ThinPrint.
- Allows you to save your credentials for easy login to servers.
- Favorites pane enables easy browsing through multiple virtual machines on different servers.
- Simple user interface gives you quick access to connecting to a virtual machine or issuing power operations.
- Keyboard navigation allows you to type the name of the virtual machine you want to use or to use directional keys to navigate.
- Servers with large numbers of virtual machines are automatically collapsed into hyperlinks, which you can click to view subsets of the inventory or the entire thing.
- Configurable automatic update checking.
- See virtual machines you have recently connected to in the Recently Used section.
- Search for virtual machines quickly across all your servers.
- Users needing access to more than basic virtual machine power operations should use VMware vCenter Server to manage vSphere hosts and virtual machines.
- vCenter supports activities like vMotion, High Availability, storage configuration, host provisioning cloning, templates, monitoring, alerts and more.
VMware Boomerang does not support connecting directly to free ESXi servers.
Requires Windows XP or later.
Download and run the installer. The application will automatically launch when installation is completed and add an icon to the system tray.
Updates in version 2.0.0
- Adds support for connecting to multiple View Connection Servers simultaneously.
- Adds a graphical installer in case you want to disable View or vSphere functionality.
- Alphabetically sorts servers to provide a more consistent ordering.
- Automatically expands collapsed servers if a search is active.
Updates in Version 1.1.0
- Added a search box that allows you to enter a VM name.
- Added a "Recently Used" section for VMs that you have recently connected to or performed power operations on. The number of days that the list encompasses is configurable in the preferences dialog.
- Added a confirmation dialog when performing power operations.
- Added logic to automatically append DNX suffixes when entering an unqualified server name.
- Added support for high-DPI configurations.
- Fixed a few rare crashes.
- Added a better error message when attempting to add a free ESXi server (license check failure).
Works in the Enterprise Desktop group.